1. AMA releases new 2023 CPT code set Full story
2. How Cape Fear Valley Health's revenue cycle VP is retaining staff Full story
3. Clinic chain files for bankruptcy as payment cutoff nears Full story
4. Hospitals have spent billions to combat the staffing crisis and it's not working. Get expert tips to craft a multifaceted retention strategy here.
5. Meet Akasa's executive leadership team Full story
6. UTMB releases records on president's abrupt exit Full story
7. 4 leadership changes at Oracle Cerner Full story
8. Burdensome payer policy can directly hinder revenue growth. Here's how a 289-bed hospital improved payer behavior through the legal system.
9. 3 recent self-disclosed fraud settlements involving providers Full story
10. Electronic systems led to VA incorrectly collecting debts from patients Full story
11. 10 states with largest brain drains or gains Full story
12. Self-pay accounts are time-consuming and expensive, but they're also on the rise. Watch now and learn how to protect your margins in unpredictable financial times.
13. How far patients will drive for the best medical care prices Full story
14. COVID-19 illness shrank US labor force by 500,000, study finds Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Traditional clinical documentation is heading for extinction. CIOs share a roadmap to its reinvention here.
2. Every health system wants to accelerate its research. Starting with synthetic data can jump start the process. Find out how here.
3. "Reversing" diabetes is a seductive, but unrealistic goal. Take a more effective approach to diabetes management by avoiding these 5 treatment myths.