1. Negative media coverage is curtailing medical debt lawsuits against patients, study says Full story
2. Unvaccinated Americans shouldn't travel for Labor Day, all Americans should wear masks indoors: CDC Full story
3. Hospitals urge Congress to delay $36B in Medicare cuts Full story
4. It takes hospitals 90 days on average to onboard a physician, but it doesn't have to. Learn why.
5. Medicare's insurance trust fund expected to run out in 2026 Full story
6. South Africa identifies new COVID-19 variant — 8 notes Full story
7. Montefiore's operating loss grows to $140.8M through 1st half of 2021: 5 things to know Full story
8. Unfavorable outlook revisions in 2020 spiked to levels higher than Great Recession: S&P Full story
9. The 1 strategy you need to supercharge revenue.
10. Cerner in the headlines: 7 latest stories Full story
11. Akron Children's, CareSource launch ACO Full story
12. UnitedHealth, CVS Health head to court to protect PBM information: 5 things to know Full story
13. Physician payment is complicated. Here's how your hospital can simplify the process.
14. 8 health systems opening hospitals Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How are providers combatting healthcare’s affordability crisis? Check out these 11 must-reads.
2. Don't let bills scare patients. Read how Banner, Methodist and others apply a healing touch to their billing.
3. The shift to value continues — with hospital construction. See how your facility can take a value-based approach to renovations and more in this 4-page guide.