1. How the future excites 4 revenue cycle leaders Full story
2. 10 hospitals laying off workers Full story
3. Cleveland Clinic reports $1B loss in first half of this year Full story
4. Self-pay accounts are time-consuming and expensive, but they're also on the rise. Watch now and learn how to protect your margins in unpredictable financial times.
5. The safety issues that put Novant hospital's Medicare contract at risk Full story
6. Value-based contracts are 'small fraction' of total healthcare revenues, report finds Full story
7. 15 hospitals with highest coding rates for social-determinants-of-health diagnoses Full story
8. Hospitals have spent billions to combat the staffing crisis and it's not working. Get expert tips to craft a multifaceted retention strategy here.
9. 46% of CFOs expect a recession by next year Full story
10. Penn State Health hospital president departs Full story
11. Florida chiropractor gets 4 years in prison for $20M fraud scheme Full story
12. ERP built by accountants, for accountants: Read how James River Home Healthcare's first CFO improved reporting speed and consistency by implementing a new ERP.
13. Centene threatens to terminate contract with Tenet, potentially impacting 3 million patients Full story
14. Judy Faulkner: Epic building a 'nationwide health IT infrastructure' Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 50% of hospitalizations occur within 7.5 days of an ED discharge. See how hospitals can close care gaps after an ED visit to improve outcomes and lower costs here.
2. For years, the GI industry has been looking for ways to decrease infection during ERCP procedures. 53% of patients are less likely to be readmitted to the hospital when treated with this device.
3. Language barriers silo providers and patients alike. Get tips on breaking down language barriers and implementing preferred-language communication here.