1. Tennessee health system lands in bankruptcy after acquiring 3 hospitals from CHS Full story
2. Benefits of outsourcing RCM negligible for hospitals, study finds Full story
3. Moody's: Margin contraction puts nonprofit hospitals on unsustainable path Full story
4. Outdated patient billing is hurting hospitals and healthcare providers. Read the white paper to learn more.
5. Join great keynotes Hillary Clinton, Theo Epstein and Tom Coburn + great hospital CEO keynotes David Feinberg, Eugene Woods, David Entwistle, Pamela Sutton-Wallace, Stephen Klasko, Tom Jackiewicz, Laurie Glimcher, Howard Kern, Chris Van Gorder, Michael Riordan, Charles Beaman Jr. and Johnese Spisso at Becker's 7th Annual CEO + CFO Roundtable. Register here. For more information on sponsorships, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Texas hospital reduces patient's $109K balance bill to $782 after media coverage Full story
7. California physician sentenced to 5+ years in prison for billing fraud Full story
8. 89% of patients want to know their medical costs before they receive any care. Read this white paper to learn about the case for price transparency.
9. Illinois hospital to close: 5 things to know Full story
10. Centra expects long patient wait times while it consolidates 7 EHRs into 1 Cerner system Full story
11. Financial updates from Kaiser, Mayo, UPMC + 6 other systems Full story
12. For tips on addressing rising costs, declining reimbursements and improving the patient experience, register for this upcoming webinar.
13. General surgeon shortage growing and 5 other things to know about the healthcare workforce Full story
14. Texas Children's Hospital fires nurse over Facebook post
15. Cleveland Clinic's operating income plunges 80% in Q2