1. 8 recent hospital credit rating downgrades Full story
2. Anesthesiologists join patient lawsuit against UnitedHealth over surprise medical bills Full story
3. US to offer booster shots starting Sept. 20 Full story
4. Success stories + common pitfalls: How to actually reduce readmissions.
5. Healthcare's richest self-made women, per Forbes Full story
6. Cerner taps 2 new execs to lead client services business: 4 things to know Full story
7. Louisiana hospitals: Medicare Advantage prior authorization limits care Full story
8. 10 hospitals seeking RCM talent Full story
9. Physician profitability can be greatly improved with timely data. Click here to learn how.
10. Illinois hospital settles fraud allegations Full story
11. 6 hospitals cutting inpatient care Full story
12. Per-person healthcare spending by race, ethnicity Full story
13. It takes hospitals 90 days on average to onboard a physician, but it doesn't have to. Learn why.
14. Top 10 schools for earning medical billing and coding credentials online Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What's AI's next act in healthcare? Click here to learn how hospitals are already implementing the next phase.
2. Meaningful patient experience improvements go beyond satisfaction surveys. Click here for 4 bold thoughts to kickstart real change.
3. COVID-19 altered the retirement timetable. Read the 2021 Retirement Survey Report to learn how health systems can respond.