1. Cigna prevails in Texas hospital's suit over $50M in unpaid claims Full story
2. CHS faces investigation related to EHR incentive programFull story
3. Academic medical centers generally behind counterparts in cost, quality, study finds Full story
4. Learn how to reduce denials and boost collections during this upcoming webinar on the role of AI in the revenue cycle.
5. Registration for Becker's largest Health IT + Revenue Cycle conference ever ends Sept. 1. Join 4,000 attendees + 180 great exhibitors and sponsors. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsor opportunities, e-mail Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Pennsylvania man receives 2 echocardiograms at same hospital -- one cost $170, the other $3,101 Full story
7. Quorum sees net loss more than double, targets up to $215M in hospital divestitures Full story
8. To learn effective strategies for boosting patient payment and satisfaction, register for this upcoming webinar.
9. Owner of Florida medical biller gets 8 years in prison for fraud scheme Full story
10. RCM tip of the day: Use objective analytics to work with payers during case management Full story
11. Mississippi hospital fined $1.1M for fake group therapy sessions Full story
12. White paper: Learn best practices to tackle pricing on knee and hip implants.
13. 16 hospitals, health systems seeking Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, Meditech talent Full story
14. Rite Aid, Albertsons call off $24B merger Full story
15. 22% of Americans say cost is an obstacle to healthcare, survey shows Full story