1. Arizona hospital emerges from bankruptcy, lays off 60 Full story
2. Cardiologist gets prison time for submitting 350 fraudulent claimsFull story
3. UMMC charged 2 patients $4,328 ER fee. One's insurer paid in full; the other paid 13% Full story
4. Ready to confront the financial risk of value-based purchasing? Download this white paper to learn how to improve the patient experience with healthcare's new digital front door.
5. Join celebrity keynotes Venus Williams, Peyton Manning, Rudy Giuliani and Howard Dean + over 200 great speakers from hospitals and health systems at Becker's 4th Annual Health IT + Revenue Cycle Conference. Early registration ends today! Register here. For exhibiting and sponsoring opportunities, e-mail Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. 41 hospital, health system outlook and credit rating actions in July Full story
7. eClinicalWorks fined $132K for failing to comply with DOJ settlement agreement Full story
8. Improve the patient financial experience, improve patient payment rates. To learn how, download this white paper.
9. RCM tip of the day: Be ready to appeal claim denials Full story
10. There is no 'one size fits all approach' to revenue cycle management, explains ECG Management Consultants Principal Ben Colton + 2 more thoughts Full story
11. AHA defends ideas to cut backlog of Medicare appeals
12. To learn how UW Health System drove millions in savings with a data-driven labor management, register for this upcoming webinar.
14. 50K BCBS members to lose in-network access to Duke Health, WakeMed Full story
15. Interoperability will cut down on administrative costs, experts say at Senate panel Full story