1. Medicare insurer can use discounts to encourage use of select hospitals, OIG says Full story
2. Pay cut forces Health Partners to lay off 560 workers Full story
3. Surgical Care Affiliates, USPI sued again, accused of collusion to limit employee wages, mobility Full story
4. Hospital RCM teams should play offense, not defense. Click here to learn how to prevent denied claims.
5. Florida hospital loses organ meant for biopsy, patient says Full story
6. Maryland health system settles false claims allegations for $9.5M Full story
7. Americans' medical debt tops $140B, study finds Full story
8. Top 9 telehealth procedure codes Full story
9. How digital workflows benefit clinicians, save hospitals money.
10. Large employers don't have enough power to negotiate hospital prices, study says Full story
11. HCA sees revenue grow 30% to $14B in Q2 Full story
12. Insurers argue COVID-19 test price gouging a widespread problem Full story
13. COVID-19 upended the supply chain, but new obstacles are coming. Click here for executive-level insights.
14. Nonprofit hospital upgrades outpaced downgrades in Q2, Fitch says Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. What tech solutions are helping hospitals + health systems stay on top of mission critical goals? Becker's surveyed dozens of execs to find out. Click here to read the brief summary.
2. Healthcare staffing needs a reckoning. Learn how to rethink your workforce model and why not doing so will cost you more.
3. From TVs to the EHR. Here's how Intermountain Healthcare got telehealth in every room.