1. CMS proposed outpatient payment rule for 2022: 7 things to know Full story
2. ER usage could see permanent drop due to COVID-19, UnitedHealth CEO says Full story
3. Deadline looms for 900+ hospitals to self-report overpayments tied to cardiac implants Full story
4. Your budget needs to go, but your boss disagrees. Learn how to win them over with a shift to rolling forecasts.
5. Prime, 2 physicians reach $38M settlement over patient referrals, billing Full story
6. North Carolina health systems work to gain primary care market share amid HCA retreat Full story
7. Hennepin Healthcare selects partner for 2 RCM services Full story
8. 'Technical debt' catches up to CIOs who launched flawed tech to meet pandemic needs Full story
9. Healthcare staffing needs a reckoning. Learn how to rethink your workforce model and why not doing so will cost you more.
10. RWJBarnabas Health fires 6 workers over vaccine mandate Full story
11. 4 Cerner exec departures in July Full story
12. Where the US stands on telehealth coverage: 7 states that let orders expire or kept expansions Full story
13. ASCs are increasing collections with this tech. Click here to learn more.
14. 21 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Patients want to know the person behind the PPE. Learn the 5 core tenets of a strong patient experience and communication strategy here.
2. There’s a critical link between the standardization and quality of hospital data. Learn how to standardize your data here.
3. After a year of crisis mode, what has the healthcare industry learned? Hospital executives share key strategies + trends that are here to stay post-COVID-19. Download the brief summary here.