1. 5 specialties that drive the most revenue to hospitals Full story
2. 10 health systems outsourcing RCM Full story
3. False billing scheme hinders reopening of several Tennessee hospitals Full story
4. Interested in joining over 2000+ health IT and revenue cycle executives this fall? Apply now to be a guest reviewer and attend the conference for free.
5. FTC poised to thwart more hospital mergers Full story
6. CEO pay has skyrocketed: AFL-CIO annual report Full story
7. Hospitals press CMS to rethink proposed inpatient payment rates Full story
8. A failing patient engagement strategy can make or break a hospital's financial viability. The solution? Meeting patients where they are. Here's how.
9. Hospitals cutting services over staffing shortages Full story
10. iPad stolen from Kaiser Permanente hospital had info of 75,000 patients Full story
11. Pennsylvania health system gets 3rd CEO this year Full story
12. ERP built by accountants, for accountants: Read how James River Home Healthcare's first CFO improved reporting speed and consistency by implementing a new ERP.
13. 8 hospitals laying off workers Full story
14. Michigan church relieves more than $2.2M in medical debt Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 50% of hospitalizations occur within 7.5 days of an ED discharge. See how hospitals can close care gaps after an ED visit to improve outcomes and lower costs here.
2. Maternal mortality rates increased by over 3% in 2020. Learn how to lower that number with telehealth.
3. For years, the GI industry has been looking for ways to decrease infection during ERCP procedures. 53% of patients are less likely to be readmitted to the hospital when treated with this device.