1. 2 surgeons indicted in $950M kickback scheme in California Full story
2. UnitedHealth explores acquisition of Tenet's Conifer business
3. Anthem denied 12K ER claims in second half 2017, but paid most of them anyway Full story
4. What revenue cycle challenge is your hospital gearing up to tackle in the next year? Complete this quick survey and earn complimentary registration for Becker's Hospital Review 4th Annual Health IT + Revenue Cycle Conference in September!
5. Join terrific industry keynotes Daniel J. Barchi, SVP, CIO, NewYork-Presbyterian; Edward Marx, CIO, Cleveland Clinic; Tamara StClaire, VP, Innovation, GuideWell; Andrew Rosenberg, MD, CIO, Michigan Medicine; Patrice Weiss, MD, EVP, CMO, Carilion Clinic; and Jonathan Manis, CIO, Sutter Health at Becker's 4th Annual Health IT + Revenue Cycle Conference, September 19-22 in Chicago. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsor opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. 63 financial benchmarks for hospital executives Full story
7. 10 of the biggest developments in health IT so far in 2018
8. Do your patients have the tools they need to manage medical bills? Download this white paper to learn how to improve the patient financial experience.
10. RCM tip of the day: Train registrars on insurance billing details
11. Former HHS leaders: Stark and anti-kickback laws 'harm the very patients they are supposed to protect' Full story
12. Systemization of supply chain streamlines processes, standardizes supplies and improves service -- learn how in this Mercy Health white paper.
13. This week's 5 must-reads for hospital RCM leaders Full story
14. Patient billed for CT scan required after hospital's medical mistake Full story
15. Stakeholders want CMS to use analytics to stop fraudulent payments Full story