1. 27 providers honored for high performance in revenue cycle Full story
2. Union challenges cuts at New York hospital outsourcing revenue cycle functions Full story
3. 22% of revenue cycle leaders are outsourcing outpatient services, survey says Full story
4. Interested in joining over 2000+ health IT and revenue cycle executives this fall? Apply now to be a guest reviewer and attend the conference for free.
5. Medical billing company owner convicted in in $600M fraud scheme Full story
6. Epic's revenue up 13% in 2021, hit $3.8B Full story
7. Pennsylvania hospital to lay off 27 workers Full story
8. Can AI close the gap between what’s expected and what’s achievable in rev cycle management? Health system execs say yes. Find out why.
9. Suburban Chicago physician charged with defrauding BCBS Illinois, Medicare for over $4M Full story
10. Man dies after shooting himself at Florida hospital Full story
11. Hospital administrators skeptical about Rural Emergency Hospital program Full story
12. About 45% of Americans plan to change their coverage level each year. Learn how an intelligent payer engine can save the day.
13. Kansas hospital gets $1.5M injection amid financial crisis Full story
14. American Medical Association blasts proposed physician payment rule Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. ERP built by accountants, for accountants: Read how James River Home Healthcare's first CFO improved reporting speed and consistency by implementing a new ERP.
2. Every year, hospitals lose up to 7% of their equipment. Get expert advice on keeping track of your most valuable assets.
3. A 350-bed hospital can gain $22 million in annual revenue by focusing on financial performance rather than managing revenue cycle costs — here's how your health system can standardize RCM and focus on what's really important.