1. 7 recent hospital credit rating downgrades Full story
2. Judge OKs UCLA's $73M settlement in sex abuse suit involving longtime physician Full story
3. New Mexico church wipes out nearly $1.4M worth of medical debt for 782 households Full story
4. Healthcare staffing needs a reckoning. Learn how to rethink your workforce model and why not doing so will cost you more.
5. CoxHealth, CEO sued over tweets related to 'COVID' promo code Full story
6. The hospital with the biggest community health investment in each state, per Lown ranking Full story
7. 5 mental health hospitals ordered to halt admissions after 108 staff resignations Full story
8. El Camino Health cuts ties with Anthem, follows local trend Full story
9. Patients will ask about medical bills. Help your providers answer them.
10. Cerner consumer, employer solutions exec resigns Full story
11. Meditech names new CEO Full story
12. The 15 best + worst states for business in 2021 Full story
13. Still trying to identify the key to a successful value-based care program? Here's what organizations are relying on to improve care quality + costs.
14. 22 recent healthcare industry lawsuits, settlements Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare has a patient-no-show problem. Here's what your health system can do about it.
2. Chances are you're overlooking dozens of small changes that can deliver big results in your revenue cycle. Change that here.
3. The 'new normal' is here. See one major way health systems are adapting to a post-pandemic market in this short e-book.