1. Duke LifePoint hospital at risk of losing Medicare contract Full story
2. Patient-billing startup Cedar lays off 24% of workforce Full story
3. Employee finds couple dead in Texas hospital room Full story
4. 69% of hospitals rely on vendor solutions that could exacerbate revenue leakage. Set a new course for financial excellence here.
5. West Virginia hospital to pay $1.5M to resolve alleged Stark Law violations Full story
6. CMS pitches physician payment rule for 2023: 7 things to know Full story
7. New York physician convicted of billing fraud Full story
8. Patients with payment options are more likely to pay their bills. Discover why price transparency and the right payment tools matter.
9. HHS releases $142M in provider relief: Breakdown by state Full story
10. OhioHealth to eliminate 637 jobs, its biggest layoff ever Full story
11. 10 providers seeking RCM talent Full story
12. Healthcare's double whammy: Inflation during a pandemic. Understand how the best hospitals can achieve growth while cutting costs.
13. COVID-19 hospitalizations hit highest national average since March Full story
14. Healthcare sees most job cuts of any industry in 2022 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Prevent surgical infection with antiseptic preparation
2. Laundry to linens to lab testing - third-party purchased services can total up to 25% of your operations costs. Make meaningful change.
3. Patients don't want to play phone tag. Give them the convenient communication they crave with these 5 strategies.