1. Feds recovered $5B from healthcare fraud cases in 2021: 8 things to know Full story
2. 148 best US hospitals, per Money and Leapfrog Full story
3. Vermont's 2nd-largest hospital seeks 17.8% rate increase Full story
4. Revenue cycle outsourcing is tricky. Learn the key factors hospitals consider before choosing a partner here.
5. Meet Conifer's leadership team Full story
6. Affiliations raise risk of closure for some rural hospitals, study finds Full story
7. The key drivers of change to individual and small group premiums in 2023 Full story
8. Interested in joining over 2000+ health IT and revenue cycle executives this fall? Apply now to be a guest reviewer and attend the conference for free.
9. Bausch Health announces restrictions for 340B discounts Full story
10. BA.5's fast rise to dominance: 5 things to know about the omicron subvariant Full story
11. Care New England to remain independent Full story
12. A 350-bed hospital can gain $22 million in annual revenue by focusing on financial performance rather than managing revenue cycle costs — here's how your health system can standardize RCM and focus on what's really important.
13. Chicago hospital can sue Illinois over alleged Medicaid reimbursement shortfall Full story
14. 5 recent payer-provider contract agreements Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Traditional care coordination is broken. Now, hospitals are turning to "care orchestration" to scale up care and relieve overwhelmed staff. Learn more about the approach here.
2. How NYC Health + Hospitals and Optum recruit hard-to-fill Epic roles — get their tips and strategies in this 10-part health IT hiring guide.
3. Untimely care kills patient loyalty. Learn how to knock down barriers to timely care and improve patient satisfaction in this report.