1. CMS' surprise-billing rule outlaws retroactive ED denial policies Full story
2. Auditors question sustainability of New York hospital for 3rd year Full story
3. Hospitals often charge uninsured patients more than insurers for same services Full story
4. Patients expect a better technology experience. Click here to learn what works and what doesn't.
5. Florida hospitals brace for Tropical Storm Elsa Full story
6. CMS names new Center for Medicare director Full story
7. UnitedHealthcare reveals 2021 Preferred Lab Network Full story
8. Hospital CEO pay, hospital performance scores not linked, study finds Full story
9. Hospital RCM teams should play offense, not defense. Click here to learn how to prevent denied claims.
10. Essentia Health's director of patient financial services on leadership & the importance of mentoring Full story
11. Dartmouth-Hitchcock will allow up to 2,000 employees to work remotely Full story
12. Iowa insurer not required to cover COVID-19 losses, court rules Full story
13. Which technologies helped King’s Daughters Medical Center overcome the pandemic? Click here to find out.
14. 7 health systems named to list of top places to work for women, diverse managers Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. The 'new normal' is here. See one major way health systems are adapting to a post-pandemic market in this short e-book.
2. Turn data into action — and cost savings. Learn 5 ways to standardize care across your post-acute network here.
3. Tangled in complex supply partnerships? Learn what's working better for providers here.