1. Nearly half of RCM departments facing severe labor shortages, report says Full story
2. Police kill armed patient at Baylor Scott & White hospital Full story
3. Arizona hospital lays off 315 workers Full story
4. Healthcare's double whammy: Inflation during a pandemic. Understand how the best hospitals can achieve growth while cutting costs.
5. 19 health systems with strong finances Full story
6. 15 Texas physicians to pay $2.8M to settle kickback allegations Full story
7. Olive launches flagship RCM suite Full story
8. Interested in joining over 2000+ health IT and revenue cycle executives this fall? Apply now to be a guest reviewer and attend the conference for free.
9. Physicians give up Medicare revenue by rarely using these billing codes Full story
10. $250M in federal reimbursement unlocked for New York hospitals Full story
11. 10 revenue cycle deals to know Full story
12. Revenue cycle outsourcing is tricky. Learn the key factors hospitals consider before choosing a partner here.
13. Athenahealth, Nuance create AI-based EHR documentation tool Full story
14. Nonprofit hospitals face mounting financial pressures: 4 things to know Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Laundry to linens to lab testing - third-party purchased services can total up to 25% of your operations costs. Make meaningful change.
2. 50% of hospitalizations occur within 7.5 days of an ED discharge. See how hospitals can close care gaps after an ED visit to improve outcomes and lower costs here.
3. Just 31% of health systems are taking advantage of this opportunity to attract and retain patients. See what it is here.