1. 9 hospitals that mark up bills by more than 10x: study Full story
2. Most of US News' top hospitals not in compliance with price transparency rules, study finds Full story
3. Mayo physician fired after publishing book critiquing system's policies: 10 things to know Full story
4. Still struggling with slow approvals and repeat denials? Click here to learn how health systems have taken AI to the next level.
5. New York City physician gets 5-year prison sentence for role in kickback scheme Full story
6. US Supreme Court declines insurers' bid for ACA reimbursements Full story
7. 153 Houston Methodist employees resigned, fired over vaccine mandate Full story
8. How 3 dozen US health systems are pursuing for-profit ventures abroad Full story
9. RCM transformation — Lessons learned from Baptist Health Care and Barnabas Health. Click here to attend the virtual session.
10. UnitedHealth to be investigated by Mississippi state auditor for overbilling Medicaid Full story
11. Cerner exec turnover: 7 key leadership changes made this year Full story
12. How HCA's trauma activation fees compare across 14 states Full story
13. Hospital RCM teams should play offense, not defense. Click here to learn how to prevent denied claims.
14. Scripps faces 4 class-action lawsuits over ransomware data breach: 7 notes Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Telehealth risk management: How to improve patient safety and reduce malpractice exposure. Click here to download the C-suite playbook.
2. Will technology solve healthcare's racial bias problem? Download this whitepaper to find out.
3. Every referral matters. Learn why 33% of patients ignore them and how to fix that.