1. 10 hospitals laying off workers Full story
2. Ascension Wisconsin hospitals to raise prices 4.6% Full story
3. 4 health systems switching to Epic EHR systems Full story
4. KLAS Emerging Technology Spotlight: CorroHealth Autonomous Coding. Learn more.
5. UnitedHealthcare, WakeMed terminate contract Full story
6. Father, son sentenced for 8-year scheme to defraud Kaiser Permanente of $1.5M Full story
7. CareMax to acquire Steward Health's value-based care business Full story
8. Medical debt is crushing hospital and patient finances. Healthcare needs a win/win solution — This Louisiana health system may have found it. Click here to learn more.
9. What's next for Epic, Cerner Full story
10. Philadelphia hospital faces lawsuit after nursing assistant fatally shot by coworker Full story
11. Early pandemic loans adding to hospital financial woes Full story
12. Does your payment strategy measure up to patient expectations? Here's how one 16-hospital system increased payments and cut manual reconciliation time in half.
13. Ascension names new CIO Full story
14. 'We have no answers': Post-cancer patient facing thousands in medical bills after BCBS, Springfield Clinic contract termination Full story
15. Former Kentucky lawmaker admits healthcare billing fraud Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. This 49-bed community hospital is investing in automation — and it's paying off. Click here to learn how Fort HealthCare achieved a 91% success rate for prior authorizations.
2. Trauma centers save lives but often lose money. Learn the 5 steps needed to stay in the black
3. Healthcare loses $10B annually in administrative costs due to low health literacy and rising complexity cost — learn how hospitals can move forward by downloading the Trends in Healthcare Payments Annual Report.