1. Colorado Supreme Court rejects hospital's bid to enforce $229K spine surgery bill Full story
2. Mass General Brigham to cut spending by $70M a year Full story
3. Anthem, Northside argue before Georgia Supreme Court Full story
4. Labor and supply costs are poised to hammer hospital margins again in the remainder of 2022. AdventHealth and Mount Nittany Health System have unlocked savings to help weather the storm. Here's how.
5. Struggling with price transparency laws? Wipfli leader shares tips and tricks Full story
6. Rising number of Americans stressed about finances Full story
7. Hospitals challenge Lown ranking on unnecessary services Full story
8. Major for-profit hospitals' labor costs hit $12B in Q1 Full story
9. Clinical equipment is full of untapped cost savings. Learn how this health system unlocked actionable insights to improve patient throughput and streamline equipment maintenance during this discussion.
10. National Medical buys New Jersey RCM firm Full story
11. U of Maryland provider pays nearly $300K to settle false claims allegations Full story
12. Hospitals feel the brain drain Full story
13. What's the answer to travel nurses? A local, flexible talent network. Allow nurses to work when they want to, close to home. Learn more
14. 1 in 4 finance leaders need 20 or more employees to fully staff revenue cycle department Full story
15. 15 healthiest, least healthy states for seniors Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A simple optimization saved this surgical hospital $100k. This 1-page case study will tell you how.
2. Nearly 8% of all lab orders are clinically inappropriate. Get 5 tips to improve utilization and reduce unnecessary spend here.
3. 92% of physicians say prior authorization delays necessary care. See how insurers are tapping AI to prevent harmful delays and improve the patient and provider experience here.