1. Hospitals tap insurers for price hikes as wages climb Full story
2. ScionHealth, R1 forge 10-year RCM partnership Full story
3. Memorial Hermann sues BCBS Texas over alleged $3M owed in payments Full story
4. Labor and supply costs are poised to hammer hospital margins again in the remainder of 2022. AdventHealth and Mount Nittany Health System have unlocked savings to help weather the storm.
5. Travel nurses see abrupt pay drops, canceled contracts Full story
6. Sentara Health Plan to open community care centers Full story
7. VA, Cerner EHR system has been 'unusable' 52 times since 2020 Full story
8. Kaiser posts net loss of $961M in Q1 Full story
9. 70% of revenue cycle leaders look to automation to mitigate payment delays and staffing challenges. Here's how two execs are using RCM technology to streamline growth.
10. 15 health systems with strong finances Full story
11. Medical bills paid by private insurance vs. Medicare: Comparison by state Full story
12. Anti-racism plan violates Medicare reimbursement law, 8 states allege in lawsuit Full story
13. The key to reducing costs? A strategy that bridges payers and hospitals within an IDN. Here's how UPMC used virtual care to combat staff shortages and drive revenue.
14. Cyberattack on Tenet Florida hospitals also affected 5 Steward hospitals Full story
15. 25 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Inefficient medical device management is threatening retention and patient safety. Here are 5 strategies for hospitals to change that.
2. Nearly 8% of all lab orders are clinically inappropriate. Get 5 tips to improve utilization and reduce unnecessary spend here.
3. A simple optimization saved this surgical hospital $100k. This 1-page case study will tell you how.