1. UnitedHealthcare, Renown at contract impasse over requested 16% price increase Full story
2. HHS will pay for COVID-19 vaccine administration fees not covered by insurers Full story
3. Cigna won't get $1.9B breakup fee from Anthem, court rules Full story
4. The last year has brought numerous changes for the healthcare revenue cycle and patient engagement. Take this 2 minute survey to share your feedback and attend a Becker's conference at no cost.
5. R1 RCM to buy VisitPay in $300M deal Full story
6. BCBS Association cuts rule that hampered competition Full story
7. CMS urged to apply higher payment rate for COVID-19 administration retroactively Full story
8. 10 top hospitals for avoiding unnecessary services: Lown Institute Full story
9. Revenue cycle needs a glow up. Hear how execs from Optum and Dignity Health are reinvigorating the process.
10. 75% of health systems deployed RCM technology during pandemic, survey says Full story
11. Flywire files for IPO Full story
12. HCA buys rural Georgia hospital for $73M Full story
13. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Purchased services costs are expected to continue rising. Maximize your cost savings + improve contract terms with 10 criteria from this e-book. Download here.
2. Are you ready to purchase new medical equipment? Make sure you do these 5 things before you buy.
3. Physician well-being is a top priority. Click here for 6 strategies to reduce burnout from Scripps and Monarch Health.