1. 19 Tenet hospitals sue Cigna over alleged low reimbursement rates, denied claims Full story
2. Optum to manage UnitedHealthcare drug prior authorizations Full story
3. Attorneys seek to revive $411M antitrust suit against Sutter Full story
4. Labor and supply costs are poised to hammer hospital margins again in the remainder of 2022. AdventHealth and Mount Nittany Health System have unlocked savings to help weather the storm. Here's how.
5. No hospitals received price transparency notices in April, CMS says Full story
6. Kaiser worker dies by suicide at hospital Full story
7. 'A long road ahead': Hospital operating margins negative for 3rd month Full story
8. Older, experienced workers are joining the Great Resignation, raising alarm bells for organizations Full story
9. 70% of revenue cycle leaders look to automation to mitigate payment delays and staffing challenges. Here's how two execs are using RCM technology to streamline growth.
10. California physician sentenced for defrauding Medicare, repackaging & reusing catheters Full story
11. Cerner in the news: 11 April updates Full story
12. Epic in the headlines: 6 April updates Full story
13. Better data leads to better decisions. Learn how enterprise performance management systems benefit Cleveland Clinic + Intermountain.
14. Tenet faces pushback over decision to cut services Full story
15. 19 recent hospital, health system executive moves Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Before adopting interoperability workflows, orthopedic practices must consider their unique needs. Learn the 4 interoperability keys for orthopedics here.
2. University of Tennessee Medical Center and Fisher-Titus Medical Center embedded telehealth into the EHR to streamline the patient and provider experience — learn more about their success.
3. HAIs are skyrocketing, but one 426-bed hospital reduced infection and saved $70,000 using this easy-to-apply disinfection strategy.