1. Indiana hospitals, insurers can't agree on how to cut health costs Full story
2. Epic CEO Judy Faulkner net worth hits personal high Full story
3. Florida health system will pay $20M to resolve false claims case Full story
4. Ardent Health Services increased its CMI by 13% and its CC/MCC capture rate by 12% by deploying self-service analytics. Learn more about the financial and operational improvements this technology can bring.
5. COVID-19 cases up in 28 states, hospitalizations up in 4 Full story
6. Atlanta hospital to close ED, end inpatient care Full story
7. Leading health systems have proactive workforce strategies. Here's how they're using data to boost retention + cut labor costs.
8. HCA corporate employees to return to full-time, in-person work in May Full story
9. Telehealth claim lines rose 10% in January Full story
10. Mass General Brigham funds new EHR for local health centers Full story
11. COVID-19 forever changed hospitals' finance operations. Here's how to drive success in the new normal.
12. 8 recent hospital mergers and acquisitions Full story
13. Epic adds interoperability software to Garden Plot Full story
14. The 'so what wave': Why the US is so blasé about BA.2 Full story
15. Ohio Hospital Association CEO: It's time to re-engineer our approach as hospital leaders are caught in the cost vise Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. This 49-bed community hospital is investing in automation — and it's paying off. Click here to learn how Fort HealthCare achieved a 91% success rate for prior authorizations.
2. Needlesticks are up fivefold as vaccines are given outside carefully controlled facilities. Click here for best safety practices.
3. Patient attitudes about telehealth’s care quality jumped 15 percent from 2020 to 2021. Download this report to gain more insights about the state of telehealth.