1. AMA considering lawsuit to target prior authorization 'abuses' Full story
2. Cerner adds new payment tools Full story
3. 2 sentenced for $48M medical reimbursement account fraud scheme Full story
4. Leadership panel: 4 influential women discuss their career paths, tackling imposter syndrome + the state of gender equity in healthcare tech. Click here.
5. HHS examining risk adjustment practices that led to $12B in Medicare Advantage overpayments Full story
6. Firms to remove 70% of medical debt from consumers' credit reports Full story
7. Missouri hospitals halt admissions amid IT issue Full story
8. CMS to hospitals: Let patients, visitors wear N95s Full story
9. Hospital labs are leaving money on the table, and revenue cycle tech is to blame. Swiftly collect millions in high-volume, low-dollar claims — learn how.
10. These 12 states had uninsured rates higher than 10%, new census data shows Full story
11. Amazon seeks physician leader Full story
12. 5 health systems outsourcing jobs Full story
13. Empathy elevates simply treating a patient into truly caring for them. Convert connections into patient engagement and loyalty — learn how.
14. UnitedHealth blasts Justice Department challenge to Change deal Full story
15. The 15 best, worst states for physicians in 2022 Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How Brigham and Women's is improving communication + patient satisfaction in the ED. Join the virtual discussion here.
2. Half of patients are more stressed about billing than quality of care. Focus on what matters — learn more.
3. Patients are paying a bigger portion of their medical bills. Help them navigate payments to keep them coming back.