1. Illinois, Texas hospitals mistakenly billed patients for COVID-19 vaccines Full story
2. Banner Health's annual net income falls to $586.7M Full story
3. Los Angeles hospital to close March 31, lay off 451 Full story
4. 5 ways to improve self-pay revenue: Hear tips from a revenue cycle director at Health First during this webinar.
5. CMS requests applications for primary care payment model Full story
6. CMS delays rule for breakthrough medical technologies: 4 things to know Full story
7. 93% of Americans who negotiate medical bills get them reduced or eliminated, study finds Full story
8. Amazon expanding Amazon Care telemedicine program nationally: 6 details Full story
9. 70% of patients want to have conversations with their providers about the high costs of care. Experts share how healthcare organizations can approach this need during this virtual discussion. Join here.
10. New York guidance: Insurers can't deny hospital claims for administrative reasons Full story
11. US seeks stay in civil no-poach suits against UnitedHealth's surgical unit amid federal case Full story
12. Why rural hospital closures hit a record high in 2020 Full story
13. What 102 million hospital transactions reveal about denials — and what your hospital can do to prevent them. Click here to learn more.
14. 14 hospitals planning upgrades, expansions Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. It's time payers give members the same type of personalized engagement they get from retail interactions. Click here to learn how, and why it will boost employee retention.
2. Distributing COVID-19 vaccinations is the greatest workflow challenge of our time. Click here for tools to solve the complex logistics required to meet your community's needs.
3. The COVID-19 vaccine is here and patients have questions. Click here to ensure a smooth rollout with communication templates from this E-Book.