1. Dozens of Chicago hospital staff fired for improperly viewing Jussie Smollett's records Full story
3. Freestanding EDs charge up to 22 times more than physician offices, UnitedHealth study finds Full story
4. Key considerations for a clinical mobility strategy. Click here to register for the upcoming webinar.
5. Join 200+ of the brightest minds in the field at Becker's Health IT + Clinical Leadership + Pharmacy conference, May 2-4. Register here. | Thrilled to welcome keynotes Bob Woodward, George Foreman and Sarah Kliff to Becker's Future of Spine + the Spine, Orthopedic and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference, June 13-15. Register here. | Join 215+ speakers from hospitals and health systems -- 315+ speakers total -- at Becker's largest-ever Health IT + Revenue Cycle Conference, October 9-12. Register here. For exhibiting and sponsor opportunities, email Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. RCM tip of the day: 3 strategies for building a patient-financing program Full story
7. High deductibles don't encourage price-shopping, study finds Full story
8. Improved Outcomes, Decreased Length of Stay, and Increased Hospital Profits - A Case Study in Surgicalist Staffing
9. Top HCA execs see boost in pay as profit grows Full story
10. Colorado hospital 'bed tax' is legal, court rules Full story
11. How health plans and providers can partner to deliver the quality care patients deserve. Click here to download the white paper.
12. Amazon, Berkshire, JPMorgan unveil name for healthcare venture Full story