1. Aetna accuses Mednax of destroying evidence in $50M overbilling suit Full story
2. White House to work with insurers on vaccine distribution Full story
3. Michigan healthcare CEO gets 15 years in prison for $150M fraud Full story
4. Don't want to lose revenue during your EHR go-live? Click here to hear experts discuss what they've learned from more than 30 Epic implementations.
5. 22 US hospitals among Newsweek's 100 best in the world Full story
6. Medicare spending on physician services $9.4B less than expected in first half of 2020 Full story
7. Virginia medical group to pay $2.1M to settle billing fraud case Full story
8. 10 hospitals, health systems seeking RCM talent Full story
9. What can CFOs learn from an analysis of more than 100M hospital transactions? Click here to read the 2020 Denials Index.
10. 2 Memorial Health System pharmacists fired after one took COVID-19 vaccines home for family Full story
11. Amazon Care, Intermountain, Ascension launch hospital-at-home healthcare alliance Full story
12. 11% of hospitals plan to change EHR vendor by 2022, ONC data finds Full story
13. 3 Must Reads:
- There's a reason why revenue cycle leaders at UPMC Pinnacle, Kettering Health Network and Novant use the same patient payment solution. Click here to hear why.
- What's in store for the future of EHRs? Learn about the untapped potential here.
- Don't let complex legacy IT systems hold you back. Get the benefits of public cloud offerings — without the security and compliance risks — to reach a new level of operational efficiency. Learn more
14. Chicago's Mercy Hospital has a potential buyer Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. How can healthcare leaders improve patient access? Learn why capacity optimization is the answer in this whitepaper.
2. 160+ healthcare executives ranked the industry's greatest challenges. Click here to find out what came in at No. 1.
3. COVID-19 has accelerated the use of teleheatlh, but does your organization know to effectively leverage it in the emergency department? Learn the key models neccessary for enhanced care. Download the whitepaper here.