1. Hospital margins see no relief to start the year Full story
2. UPMC, top surgeon to pay $8.5M to settle whistleblower suit Full story
3. 10 RCM headlines from February to know Full story
4. Redeterminations for Medicaid unwinding are already underway with the first terminations effective April 1. Do you have a solid eligibility program in place to minimize the potential impact on your patients and your bottom line? Get prepared now.
5. Merged Butler/Excela system facing significant cuts, CEO warns Full story
6. Mass General Brigham AI RCM spinoff lands $55M Full story
7. California hospital CFO resigns after 5 days Full story
8. Healthcare product shortages remain 5X higher than before then pandemic. See 3 proven strategies for reducing supply chain shortages.
9. Mayo Clinic in the black, but operating income down by half in 2022 Full story
10. 'I wish we could see our vet instead': Patient burnout grows Full story
11. Undercover agents bought fake nursing degrees with no medical experience Full story
12. If there's 1 thing RCM leaders are sure of, it's tech: 80% of leading health systems that invested in AI expect it to improve margins. These leaders will tell you why.
13. Tenet makes 5 leadership changes in Massachusetts Full story
14. 15 called-off hospital deals Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 4 reasons your revenue cycle is lacking + 3 keys to transform it.
2. Claims payment processing has been painful, slow, paper-based and error-prone. Get this study of 126 health plans execs to see top opportunities for plans to streamline payment processing.
3. Avoid the RCM pitfalls of manual processes and revenue leakage. A better recipe for RCM takes a holistic approach and incorporates automation and increased revenue.