1. New parents' $80K medical bill showcases No Surprises Act loophole Full story
2. Change Healthcare, UnitedHealth set Feb. 27 deadline for Justice Department to block deal Full story
3. Expenses push major health systems to operating margins under 1% Full story
4. Rare disease treatments are costly for patients and hospitals. Click here for untapped strategies to streamline care.
5. Anthem BCBS claims processing is still too slow, Maine providers say Full story
6. Altru Health president abruptly exits as new leaders join Full story
7. Staffing crisis, payment cuts put 453 hospitals at risk of closure Full story
8. CMS ends ACO track in rural payment model Full story
9. 39 percent of providers struggle with constantly-shifting customer needs. Here's how the best adapt.
10. Epic's huge healthcare impact — 5 stats Full story
11. Oracle's waiting period to acquire Cerner has expired Full story
12. Humana to add two directors as part of board 'refresh' Full story
13. Managing denials takes too much time often for too few results. Learn how providers are using automation to prioritize workflow + capture lost revenue.
14. HCA, Tenet and CHS: 325 hospitals, $90.7B in revenue Full story
15. The 92 systems with CMS-approved 'hospital-at-home' programs Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 39 percent of providers struggle with constantly-shifting customer needs. Here's how the best adapt
2. Stuck on strategic planning? Learn how Lehigh Valley Health System answered these 4 Qs to gain an edge in their market.
3. Patients expect more financial transparency. Here are 5 ways to deliver.