1. 8 health systems with strong finances Full story
2. Federal judge rules against HHS — again — over surprise-billing arbitration rule Full story
3. EHR vendor Athenahealth lays off 178 employees Full story
4. Financial losses for hospitals continue to mount as the gap between provider and payer profits widens. Here are 5 tips to narrow the gap and improve financial performance now.
5. Prior authorization and Medicare Advantage: 5 numbers to know Full story
6. One hospital CEO's secret to keeping staff turnover under 1 percent since 2020 Full story
7. Newsweek's best workplaces for diversity include over 100 hospitals, health systems Full story
8. Is the right RCM partner a needle in a haystack? This report helps you vet future partners - the right way.
9. 6 health systems shuffling leadership, operations Full story
10. 9 hospitals opting for Epic EHRs Full story
11. Woman who displayed handgun in Texas hospital fatally shot Full story
12. Across all specialties, at least one-third of physicians are burned out. Here's one thing Gundersen Health is doing to better support all physicians.
13. Centene posts $213M loss in Q4 Full story
14. Top states for workforce development, ranked by region Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. High-risk patients drive high costs. Discover innovative chronic care interventions with better outcomes and guaranteed cost savings.
2. Becker's-PwC survey: 84% of health systems are behind in cash collections + denials are up. Here is how revenue cycle leaders can meet cash goals.
3. How to keep up with all the new information on COVID-19 testing and treatment? Dive into these 1-page snapshots on Paxlovid, boosters, variants, long COVID-19 and more.