1. A breakdown of 14 recent CMS actions Full story
2. Cleveland Clinic loses bid to dismiss proposed class-action lawsuit alleging deceptive billing Full story
3. Heights Hospital in Houston closes over unpaid rent Full story
4. The new price transparency rule can add pressure to COVID-stressed hospitals: Click here for key tips for compliance in 60 minutes or less.
5. Cerner shakes up C-suite as 2 execs depart Full story
6. Biden picks Andrea Palm as HHS deputy secretary Full story
7. HHS delays Provider Relief Fund reporting timeline, amends reporting requirements Full story
8. What can CFOs learn from an analysis of more than 100M hospital transactions? Click here to read the 2020 Denials Index.
9. CHS expects revenue of up to $12.5B this year Full story
10. MedPAC to recommend 2% payment boost for hospitals next year Full story
11. MD Anderson avoids $4.3M HIPAA penalty Full story
12. How strong is your organization’s digital front door? Click here to learn how to create an omni-channel experience that increases efficiency and patient satisfaction.
13. CMS to reprocess some 2019 outpatient claims after ruling on site-neutral payments Full story
14. New York hospital gets $30.8M from county to settle back debt Full story
15. Daily COVID-19 stats, state-by-state:
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Outsourcing can be an innovative way to stay competitive in today’s hospital market. Click here to learn how one health system achieved this via a strategic revenue cycle partnership.
2. Community health systems can achieve more from the innovations they create themselves. Click here to learn how the right technology makes that possible
3. How well do you understand consumer attitudes toward medical billing and payment? Download this whitepaper to discover how patients approach and interpret healthcare bills.