|News & Analysis|
September 4, 2013
1. 153 Statistics on Dominant Payers in Each State.
2. Medicare RAC Requests Up 47% Over Past 6 Months.
3. 7 Recent Hospital Transactions and Partnerships.
4. Upcoming Webinars:
- The Journey to Physician Gainsharing Success (Tuesday, September 10, 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. CDT). To register for this free webinar,
- Physician Practice Valuation - Key Concepts to Ensure Complaint Practice Acquisitions (Wednesday, September 18, 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. CDT). To register for this free webinar,
5. Fairmont General Hospital Files for Bankruptcy.
6. Hospital Stocks Close Out August on Poor Note.
7. More Reader Input! The OIG recently said CMS should re-evaluate the critical access hospital program to see which CAHs provide necessary care and meet location requirements. What do you think? Should CMS adjust and refine the CAH program? What kind of pressures would CAHs face if they lost this Medicare status? Please email Bob Herman at email@example.com to share more of your thoughts.
8. 12 Recent Hospital and Health System Layoffs.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Associated Bank, Jarrard and VMG Health.
* * *