August 23, 2013
1. 9 Major For-Profit Hospital Companies Record $600M in Quarterly Earnings.
2. LifePoint CFO Jeff Sherman to Resign, Leif Murphy Named Successor.
3. Indiana Orthopaedic Hospital CEO Jane Keller: Why Price Transparency Would Benefit Everyone.
4. Upcoming Webinar: Driving Down Labor Costs Through Improved Performance (Wednesday, September 25, noon - 1 p.m. CDT). To register for this free webinar,
5. North Carolina Hospitals Must Post Prices for 140 Most Common Procedures.
6. Employer Plan Premiums Show Slow Growth, But Still Outpace Wage Increases, Inflation.
7. 6 Recent Studies on Healthcare Finances.
8. CFO Profiles:
Marvin Eichorn of Mountain States Health Alliance.
Steve Short of Tampa General Hospital.
Michael Schaefer of Methodist Health System.
Joseph Pedley of Lawrence Memorial Hospital.
Dima Didenko of Florida Hospital Tampa.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Craneware and VMG Health.