August 12, 2013
1. S&P: 34 Stats on Nonprofit Health System Medians.
2. Vanguard, Yale New Haven, Eastern Connecticut Health Network Sign Initial Merger Deal.
3. How NCH Healthcare System Decreased Its "Discharged Not Final Billed" Amount by 87%.
4. Upcoming Webinar: What to Expect From the Newly Insured by Truven Health Analytics (Thursday, August 29, 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. CDT). To register for this free webinar,
5. Madison Parish Hospital Fires CFO Barbara Tabor.
6. 3 Necessities for Hospitals to Transition to Value-Based Contracting.
7. Westlake Regional Hospital in Kentucky Files for Chapter 9 Bankruptcy.
8. UPMC, Geisinger, Highmark Seek to Sell Plans in Pennsylvania Exchange.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: MedAssets and HealthCare Appraisers.