July 31, 2013
1. Community Health Systems to Acquire HMA for $7.6B.
2. Q2 Profit at CHS Drops 64% on Lagging Admissions, Government Probes.
3. 10 Cost-Cutting Methods Physicians Support Most.
4. Upcoming Webinar: What to Expect From the Newly Insured by Truven Health Analytics (Thursday, August 29, 1:15 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. CDT). To register for this free webinar,
5. HCA CEO Richard Bracken to Retire, CFO Milton Johnson to Take Over at End of Year.
6. HHS: Short Inpatient Stays More Costly Than Observation Stays in 2012.
7. Reader Input! What are your thoughts on the recent merger between Community Health Systems and Health Management Associates? How does this compare to other hospital consolidation news this year? Email financial editor Bob Herman at email@example.com with your thoughts!
8. 50 Top-Grossing Public Hospitals.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: AHIMA, MedAssets and Principle Valuation.