July 26, 2013
1. Consolidation Nation: Where Will the Hospital Industry Stand After the Tenet-Vanguard Merger?
2. Repeal of Medicare's SGR Makes Headway in House.
3. 50 Top-Grossing Nonprofit Hospitals.
4. CFO Speakers Needed! Becker's Healthcare is seeking two CFOs to participate in a panel at Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting (May 15-17, 2014; Chicago). The panel is "The CFO's Evolving Role; Key Issues for CFOs" on Friday, May 16 from 1:20 p.m. to 2 p.m. If you are interested, please email Scott Becker at email@example.com and Lauren Groeper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Are Academic Medical Centers Overpriced?
6. LSU Hospitals Laid Off 2,340 Employees Last Year.
7. November Event! Becker's Hospital Review CEO Strategy Roundtable (Nov. 14, 2013, at the Ritz Carlton in Chicago). Listen to 50 speakers, including 24 hospital and health system CEOs, discuss the most important ways to advance your organization. For more information,
8. Recent CFO Moves:
Lehigh Regional Medical Center in Florida Appoints Osman Gruhonjic CFO.
Lutheran Hospital in Indiana Names Cully Chapman CFO.
CFO Rudy Shutta Resigns From Bear Valley Community Healthcare District in California.
Kent Dumonseau to Serve as CFO of Memorial Medical Center in Wisconsin.
Read the latest news from Becker's Hospital Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: AHIMA, MX.com and MedAssets.