1. HCA Holdings CEO received pay bump in 2016; CFO's compensation remained flat Full story
2. 79-year-old physician convicted in bribes-for-test-referrals scheme
3. Moody's: GOP's American Health Care Act is credit negative for nonprofit hospitals Full story
4. Webinar: How to prevent revenue leakage in your hospital. Register here
5. Less than 50 spots remain for Becker's Hospital Review 8th Annual Meeting (April); 300 speakers total, click here to register. Hear George W. Bush at this September's Health IT + Revenue Cycle 2017. Click here to register. For exhibit and sponsor opportunities, please reach out to Jessica Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Patient's death after scuffle with hospital security officer ruled homicide Full story
7. This week's 5 must-reads for hospital CFOs Full story
8. Hospital and health system CFOs, VPs of Finance, and Finance Directors: Complete our 5-question survey on maintaining financial control in an uncertain environment for complimentary registration to Becker's Hospital Review 8th Annual Meeting in April AND receive an e-book of the survey results. Click here to take the survey.
9. Fitch: Changes to Medicaid in ACA repeal bill pose risks for hospitals
10. Fairview Health Services, HealthEast announce plan to merge Full story
11. Joint Committee on Taxation puts $600B price tag on GOP healthcare plan Full story
12. 4 keys to better employee retention Full story
13. Mayo Clinic plans $70.5M expansion Florida Full story
14. The 'price hikes fuel innovation' argument is invalid, researchers say
15. Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital names new CFO Full story