|News & Analysis|
Feb. 10, 2014
1. The State of Healthcare Finance: 9 Major Survey Findings From Hospital CFOs.
2. Hospitals Lose Jobs for Second Consecutive Month.
3. The Risks of Provider-Operated Health Plans: Are the Rewards Worthwhile?
4. Conversations With and About the CFO. On Thursday, Feb. 13 at 3 p.m. CST, Scott Becker and Bob Herman will moderate an open discussion for hospital and health system CFOs. Four key questions will be asked: What is the CFO's key concern today? Where does the CFO focus most of his or her time? How challenging is it to budget today? How is the CFO working with changing technology? Hurry, attendance is limited to 20 people!
5. Why Timing is Key: St. Mark's Medical Center's Debt Refinancing Success.
6. UPMC Posts Big Profits in First Half of Fiscal Year.
7. Can Hospitals Afford to Be Accountable for Specialty Care?
Hospitals face many challenges in analyzing cost and variations in practice patterns for specialty care. However, data analytics can help. To register for a free webinar on this topic,
8. House, Senate Leaders Introduce Medicare SGR Replacement Bill. 9. Healthcare CFO University.
We are seeking two great hospital and health system CFOs to help teach subjects on a two-hour webinar as part of a new Healthcare CFO University series. Small stipends are available. If interested, please email Scott Becker at email@example.com
Visit our other publications: Becker's ASC Review & Becker's Spine Review.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA, Precyse and ASD Management.