1. Bon Secours hospital cuts opioid use 80% with surgical recovery program
2. Employee's used bandage found in sandwich served at Colorado hospital cafeteria
3. Los Angeles hospital to close, lay off 638 employees Full story
4. Diabetes population management. Discover trends and challenges in diabetes drug adherence. Learn more
5. Becker's Healthcare is completing the agenda for our Health IT + Clinical Leadership Conference in May 2018. There are three to four panels we are working to complete.
If you have suggestions for panelists for the following topics, please let us know. Actual healthcare providers are preferred, but the agenda is open to interesting speakers of all sorts.
1. The best technology for improving health quality
2. The best next steps for cybersecurity
3. Precision medicine, AI, cybersecurity, telehealth, blockchain and more
If you have speaker suggestions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org,
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. CDC: Influenza activity in US remains low Full story
7. UCSF researchers mine EHRs to track 435k patient movements, pinpoint source of C. diff Full story
Loss of effective antibiotics is a growing concern, but evidence-based medical technologies and procedures can help. Learn more during this upcoming webinar.
9. Former executive of Cleveland Clinic spinoff charged in $2.8M fraud scheme Full story
10. 29 latest hospital, health system executive moves Full story11. How will automating real-time intelligence in the ambulatory care setting improve clicnical documentation and physician statisfaction at the point of care? Download this whitepaper to learn more.
12.Top 10 infection control stories from last week Full story