1. Tufts nurses strike, marking Boston's 1st RN strike in 30 years Full story
2. North Carolina hospital files for bankruptcy Full story 3. Study: 9 in 10 handwritten opioid prescriptions contain errors Full story
5. There are now close to 2,100 people signed up for Beckers Health IT + Revenue Cycle 2017 this Sept.
This isn't HIMSS but we are just thrilled with the growth of our Health IT Meeting. Thank you to Helen Figge, BS, PharmD, MBA, CPHIMS, FHIMSS, Edward Marx, Daniel Barchi, Jake Dorst and so many others for their help and support. We are hoping this will be a great educational and networking event. And interesting! Contact Jessica Cole, Ryan Ciepley, Haley Jones or the great Alison Warner for more information.
6. Antimicrobial stewardship program in ED cuts unnecessary prescriptions by 8.2% Full story
7. Most Americans prefer paper towels to air dryers after washing hands Full story
8. Webinar: Learn how to achieve positive patient identification Register here
9. Microsoft, other tech companies use robotics to address Zika Full story
10. CEOs of Ascension, Dignity, Trinity, Providence, CHI to Trump, Congress: Work with us on healthcare legislation Full story11. Leveraging innovation in the microbiology lab to unlock hidden profits Download the paper
12. 62 critical access hospitals to know | 2017
13. FDA chief proposes new rules for providers, pharma to curb opioid addiction: 5 things to know