1. AHCA/NCAL urges CMS to reissue temporary nurse aide training waivers Full story
2. California governor signs nursing home licensing bill Full story
3. AARP files lawsuit against Alden Group for neglect, preventable injuries Full story
4. Staff shortages complicate traditional pressure injury prevention. Here are proactive interventions that aren't as prone to shortages.
5. Alaska nursing home fined $310K for extended isolation, chronic bedsores on residents Full story
6. Universal Health Corp. opens transitional care center Full story
7. Considering a hospital-at-home program? Learn how leaders from Northwestern Memorial + 2 other major hospitals created successful programs.
8. 6 recent nursing home closures Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. A disconnected health system is a dysfunctional one. Get tips from Optum on how to implement a connected care approach.
2. Healthcare providers are falling behind and losing revenue with archaic, paper-heavy software. Here's how one organization cut report generating to less than 5 minutes.
3. Don't let disruption disrupt your hospital. Effectively manage change with tips from this checklist.