1. Nursing home understaffing hurt patient safety, House panel finds Full story
2. Biden-Harris administration release more nursing home ownership data to the public Full story
3. HHS releases 1st national strategy to support caregivers Full story
4. Effective management of staff shortages + supply disruptions are a must. Maintain efficiency despite chronic challenges with tips from this discussion.
5. California nursing home faces lawsuit following 2nd death after residents served dishwashing liquid Full story
6. Charges dropped in California nursing home manslaughter case Full story
7. The post-call center era is imminent. See how systems can slash call volumes and empower patient self-service here.
8. Faulty safety equipment, other issues force Pennsylvania nursing home to close Full story
9. Encompass Health to build rehabilitation hospital in Florida Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Houston Methodist succeeds in Medicare Shared Savings through clear visibility into patients' post-acute care. Here's how they did it.
2. Ambulatory care makes up one-third of provider revenues. Discover how three academic health systems are making the most of ambulatory growth here.
3. COVID forced hospitals to revisit the value of precision planning. Ensure a robust contingency plan for future challenges with lessons from this short report.