1. 400 nursing home closings projected for 2022: 3 notes Full story
2. Nursing home staffing suggestion raises funding debate Full story
3. 5 states where highest, lowest rate of nursing homes report staff shortages Full story
4. Communication inefficiencies are sabotaging hospitals' ability to provide care. Here's one Beth Israel CMO's strategy for sustainable digital transformation.
5. Unionized nursing homes see fewer COVID-19 deaths, study finds Full story
6. Hawaii hospital to close nursing home Full story
7. Put your EMR data to good use. Seattle Children's did and expanded OR capacity by 2,500 hours in 1 year.
8. Fauci: US 'out of the pandemic phase' Full story
9. 4 recent stories on nursing home staff laws Full story
10. 6 systems seeking post-acute care talent Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Healthcare can't ignore the rising competition and consumerism sweeping the industry. Learn how your hospital can respond to these 6 trends transforming the patient experience.
2. A teachable moment: How this 500-plus bed medical center turned a poor scorecard into cultural transformation.
3. 81% of residents like their training programs, but 41% are burned out. Get resources from AMA to improve physician well-being and promote better work-life balance here.