1. CMS proposes rule to overhaul prior authorization Full story
2. 50 states ranked by overall health in 2022, per UnitedHealth Full story
3. Humana, BCBS Texas cut ties with San Antonio home health firm after owner charged with premiums theft Full story
4. Rising diabetes, hypertension and obesity rates — alongside unaddressed SDOH — have created a perfect storm for health plans. Increase rural members' access to care and help them sustain health improvements with this virtual tool.
5. 9 Medicare Advantage plans audited for upcoding by OIG in the last 6 months Full story
6. ConnectiCare president leaves for top Humana role Full story
7. Best insurance companies for Medicare Advantage by state, per US News Full story
8. Flu activity, state by state Full story
9. Healthcare fraud costs the U.S. billions annually. Protect your bottom line by learning how AI can prevent fraudulent healthcare claims here.
10. Centene to pay Oregon $17M in latest Medicaid overbilling settlement Full story
11. Report: ACO savings range from under 1% to 6% Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Today's patients expect a compassionate financial experience, but not every organization is delivering. Maintain a competitive advantage with these tips.
2. State of claims 2022: Survey suggests denials are up 10% to 15%. Click here for more findings and analysis.
3. Over 50% of hospitals are projected to have negative margins for the rest of the year. Make your CFO's job easier with these 5 steps.