1. DOJ to appeal ruling that cleared UnitedHealth-Change merger Full story
2. Newly released Medicare Advantage audits show plans overbilled patients upwards of $1K annually Full story
3. No Surprises Act protected 9 million patients from surprise bills, new data shows Full story
4. ED reimbursement changes are coming in 2023. To limit denials and downcoding, CFOs will need to get ahead of these key threats.
5. Walmart loses top health exec to JPMorgan Full story
6. ACA enrollments up 40% from last year, Biden says Full story
7. 20 recent payer CEO moves Full story
8. AHIP backs HHS in surprise billing fight with medical groups Full story
9. 46% of healthcare orgs are behind on 2022 revenue goals. See the top RCM challenges leaders are facing and learn how to get back on track here.
10. Centene completes sale of Spanish, central European businesses Full story
11. Elevance Health in the headlines: 11 recent updates Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. 220+ hospital leaders share purchasing goals, strategies & challenges. Read these 8 insights in this 2022 supply chain report.
2. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.
3. UCHealth cut time-to-admit by 16% and saw an $8M return on investment using this modernized approach to capacity management.