1. Optum, Change Healthcare complete $7.8B merger Full story
2. Where 8 payers are expanding Medicare Advantage in 2023 Full story
3. 7 payers join Hurricane Ian relief efforts Full story
4. Healthcare fraud costs the nation $68B annually. To stem this tide of rampant fiscal waste, health plans need better payment integrity. Here's a strategy that works
5. Southwestern Health Resources, BCBS of Texas reach new contract Full story
6. 'COVID has shattered actuarial science': Incoming Clover Health CEO lays out his priorities, challenges Full story
7. 13 best-rated Medicaid plans in 2022 Full story
8. BCBS Michigan quietly selling Advantasure subsidiary Full story
9. 4 in 10 Americans suffer from comorbid chronic conditions, but most healthcare orgs don't appropriately treat them. Here are the three tools to deliver the right care at the right cost.
10. 43% of adults inadequately insured: Commonwealth Fund Full story
11. The White House wants CMS and private insurers to address food insecurity: 5 things to know Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Today's healthcare consumers won't settle for an impersonal experience. These 10 must-read articles examine the new payer imperative — member empowerment. Read them and learn how health plans can make healthcare personal.
2. "Reversing" diabetes is a seductive, but unrealistic goal. Take a more effective approach to diabetes management by avoiding these 5 treatment myths.
3. Dozens of health system executives met in Chicago to discuss the patient financial experience and the care affordability crisis. Learn what was said and why it matters here.