1. 20 payer exec moves in September Full story
2. Southwestern Health Resources seeks $900M increase from BCBS Texas Full story
3. Congressional Budget Office pitches healthcare price growth cap Full story
4. 35% of adults don't get enough sleep, which can cause poor outcomes and higher healthcare costs. See how health plans can tackle the issue with these simple strategies.
5. Senator has questions for Providence CEO on billing practices Full story
6. Hospitals face evacuations, water disruptions amid Ian: 3 updates Full story
7. 9 new payer-provider contracts Full story
8. 43% of adults inadequately insured: Commonwealth Fund Full story
9. When payers and providers fail to collaborate, patients suffer. Discover how a Nevada health plan and physician group partnered to improve care for expectant moms here.
10. Duke LifePoint hospital under CMS review for alleged EMTALA violations Full story
11. These are the largest US counties with the most medical debt Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Staffing a 30-bed ICU can cost a hospital $2.75M. Here's how you can reduce staffing costs while increasing quality.
2. Care plans based on a sample size of one? At AdventHealth, it's possible. See how the system is personalizing care with genomics and get best practices for starting your own program here.
3. Too many ED patients are admitted unnecessarily. Learn how one N.C. health system avoided 106 admissions and saved $1.2M over 9 months.