1. What Optum gets in the Change Healthcare deal
2. 2 million Californians may need to switch insurance after Medi-Cal shakeup Full story
3. AMA, AHA, state medical groups challenge feds — again — over surprise-billing rule Full story
4. Value-based care is often misused as a 'catch-all' term, CEO says. Here's what true value-based looks like.
5. BayCare pauses elective surgeries, procedures for Florida Blue members as contract expiration looms Full story
6. Lawsuits, rulings and settlements: 7 recent payer legal updates Full story
7. Nebraska picks 3 payers for Medicaid contracts Full story
8. California hospital, Anthem terminate contract Full story
9. 4 in 10 Americans suffer from comorbid chronic conditions, but most healthcare orgs don't appropriately treat them. Here are the three tools to deliver the right care at the right cost.
10. 6 health insurance startups to know
11. UnitedHealth in the headlines: 7 recent developments Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Today's healthcare consumers won't settle for an impersonal experience. These 10 must-read articles examine the new payer imperative — member empowerment. Read them and learn how health plans can make healthcare personal.
2. The gig economy will take a bite out of your workforce if you let it. Stay ahead on hiring trends with this report, which shows where leaders spend recruiting dollars, how they engage staff and more.
3. What digital options do patients really expect out of healthcare organizations? These patient survey findings offer a roadmap for where to direct resources.