1. 'Vomit at your insurance companies, folks': Comedian's video goes viral after Anthem denies stomach treatment Full story
2. Oscar, Health First Health Plans terminate $60M partnership Full story
3. Highmark Health reports $174M loss in 1st half of this year Full story
4. Walking the line of a seamless virtual and in-person experience can be tricky for some, but not for Firefly Health. Here's how the payer-provider company is excelling in healthcare.
5. BCBS of Massachusetts names new CEO Full story
6. Cigna appoints first chief health officer Full story
7. Medicare Shared Savings Program saves Medicare more than $1.6B Full story
8. Why Centene is disappointed despite winning Medi-Cal contract Full story
9. Today's healthcare consumers won't settle for an impersonal experience. These 10 must-read articles examine the new payer imperative — member empowerment. Read them and learn how health plans can make healthcare personal.
10. 7 recent payer office, workforce moves Full story
11. UnitedHealth in the headlines: 6 recent developments Full story
Becker's Learning Opportunities
1. Positive patient experiences affect healthcare organizations and patients. Find the top 10 ways to satisfy your patients and how it drives revenue here.
2. An estimated $300B in healthcare fraud happens every year. Here's how modern payer Chief Risk Officers are getting proactive about fraud protection.
3. 45% of patients plan to change their coverage level each year, leaving providers in danger of high denials and declining payments. Here's an easy-to-use solution.